Naturopathic, Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Care
for the Whole Family
At Pearl Natural Health we strive to keep your entire family healthy, from infants and toddlers, to young adults, adults and seniors.
We know that health is best served by clearly identifying the source and root of your health problem. Most routine health problems of the young and old alike can be well managed using safe, natural, non-toxic medicines.
- Children and teens suffer from many acute illnesses, such as upper respiratory ailments, ear infections, asthma, digestive disturbance, and allergies. We work with you to create an effective program to improve your child’s health.
- As adults we tend to suffer more from issues of aging such as back pain, arthritis, insomnia, depression, fatigue, menopause, stress, and hypertension. We offer you comprehensive evaluation, a unique treatment program with effective therapies especially designed for you to reduce your symptoms, improve your health and vitality and reverse the trends of aging.
- Our senior patients come in with complaints related to osteoporosis, arthritis, cardiovascular difficulties, and memory impairments can be helped greatly. Comprehensive naturopathic , acupuncture, and Chinese medicine treatment offers restorative treatment.
- Pain management and relief is a huge part of what we do. Combined acupuncture, Chinese and naturopathic therapies can render pain medication unnecessary.
- Chronic illness related to aging, hormone imbalances, thyroid disorders are very well served with naturopathic and Chinese medicine. The progress of some autoimmune conditions such as Lupus, Ulcerative Colitis, Grave’s Disease, Crohn’s and Myasthenia Gravis can be well managed and in some cases reversed using a natural approach to treatment.
Naturopathic, Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Treatments
We believe in the healing power of nature and intrinsic vitality each person is born with. The following forms our foundation for evaluation and treatment. Click on the links below to learn more:
- Naturopathic medicine
- Nutritional Therapy
- Chinese medicine (acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine)
- Intravenous (I.V.) Nutrient Therapy
- Botanical Medicine (the use of herbs)
- Electrical Therapies (Microcurrent, Ultrasound)
- Neural Therapy
Acupuncture is one of the oldest healing traditions in the world and is utilized beneficially in the treatment of many health concerns and in the promotion of health and well being. The Chinese have long studied the movement of vital force (qi) through the body and have developed a system of medicine that reduces symptoms while addressing root causes.
The flow of qi throughout the body can be interrupted when there is pain, stress and emotional duress. It can become obstructed and weak causing mild to severe symptoms. Acupuncture has been a subject of study by conventional medical researchers as well as the National Institute of Health presenting as a legitimate and beneficial treatment in various types of conditions.
Acupuncture treatment is utilized as part of a comprehensive program to reduce and eliminate symptoms while improving your health. The road to health begins with a comprehensive intake, review of your health concerns and goals, and acupuncture treatment. Further development of an individualized plan can include diet, herbs and exercise.
Acupuncture has been found effective in a variety of pain disorders and health issues such as – back, neck and knee pain, painful cramps during menses, headaches (migraine and tension), digestive disorders, hot flashes, insomnia, anxiety, depression, and fatigue.
The insertion of fine sterile needles along acupuncture meridians support the easy flow of vitality that circulates within the body. The treatment is relaxing and revitalizing.
We also use the following physical therapies as needed:
- Shiatsu therapy
- Electrical therapies (micro-current, ultra-sound)
- Neural Therapy
We offer routine exams, such as:
- Physical Exams
- Annual physicals
- Male prostate exams
- Well Women Exams
- Skin checks
- Blood pressure checks
Pearl Natural Health offers the same standard laboratory tests as found in any medical office, including:
- Basic metabolic screenings
- Cholesterol and blood lipids
- Thyroid Tests
- Pap Smears
- Throat, and other cultures
- Stool tests (ova and parasites).
In addition, Pearl Natural Health offers a wide array of additional tests that help practitioners and patients isolate the deeper causes of symptoms and disease. These tests include:
- Comprehensive Cardiovascular Profiles
- Heavy Metal Tests
- Digestive and Stool Analyses
- Adrenal Stress Tests
- Comprehensive Hormonal Profiles
- Allergy tests
- Thyroid Profiles
- Vitamin and Mineral tests
Pearl Natural Health offers a comprehensive selection of the highest quality
- Western and Chinese herbs
- Nutritional supplements
- Homeopathic remedies
- Nutritional Cleansing and Detoxification Products
Coordination with Other Health Professionals
We want to collaborate with our colleagues in all specialties to offer you the highest level of care.
We will cooperate with your primary physician and consult with other specialists (oncologists, neurologists, psychologists, social worker, D.C., P.T., etc.) to provide you with the well rounded and comprehensive care.
We also have a referral network of qualified health professionals so that you can be directed to a specialist if there are specific needs we cannot meet
We return all phone calls within 24 hours. While we do not maintain an on-call physician 24 hours daily, arrangements can be made for the doctor to be available by pager when you are being treated for acute problems that may require frequent communication.
Questions often arise after treatment has begun, and we are happy to clarify your treatment protocol, and consider these brief phone consultations part of your current care (no charge).
If you have health concerns or questions that arise that require additional consultation beyond your current protocol, or if it has been six weeks or more since your last visit, we suggest your schedule a follow-up appointment.