Ellen Goldsmith, L.Ac. is a licensed acupuncturist practicing Classical Chinese medicine. She advocates for, supports, and educates her patients to revitalize themselves through their health. In practice she brings together acupuncture, dietary therapy, Chinese herbs and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction with a strong commitment to supporting each person’s path to health and wellness. Ellen has a special interest in the treatment of pain drawing on her extensive background in movement and movement therapies from years of dancing and treating performing artists in New York City.
She is the creator and host of Health Currents Radio, a podcast created to inspire, motivate, and connect people to resources that empower them through health. Also active in policy and education, Ellen serves on the board of directors of the National College of Natural Medicine in Portland where she also teaches Chinese dietary therapy in the Classical Chinese medicine department. She is also a past committee member of the Acupuncture Advisory Committee to the Oregon Medical Board. Ellen offers Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction programs and classes at Pearl Natural Health.
Ellen has over twenty years of practical and clinical experience specializing in musculoskeletal pain disorders, stress reduction, dietary therapy, and women’s health.
- Masters of Science – Oriental Medicine – National College of Natural Medicine
- Diplomate in Chinese herbalism
- Licensed acupuncturist
- Licensed massage therapist
- Certified in therapeutic massage and bodywork
- Professional member – American Organization of Bodywork Therapies of Asia, Oregon Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Studied Asian medicine for last 30 years
- 30 years experience in Shiatsu (a Asian form of bodywork – known as acupressure)
- Has studied with master herbalists from China
- Developed and taught wellness programs for New York University’s School of Arts, Experimental Theatre Wing
- Taught shiatsu to healthcare practitioners and public in Europe and New York, teaches Oriental Dietetics at the National College of Natural Medicine
- Co-facilitator, The Passage, a 5 day retreat for people experiencing difficult transitions or for those who want to work with the dying
- Board member of the National College of Natural Medicine and past committee member of the Acupuncture Advisory Committee to the Oregon Medical Board
To schedule an appointment with Ellen, click here.
To listen to Health Currents Radio, click here.