Want to Give Up Sugar?
Too much candy in the house from your child’s trick or treating?
Are you having a hard time giving up sugar? Want to quit sugar but are always tempted. You may want to secretly get rid of it, but you know you can’t. But, you can engage your child in ways to moderate a potential sugar overdose by moving the majority of that candy out of the house. Here’s how:
- Do a candy exchange. Your child gives you the bulk of the candy, and you give your child a book, a trip to the movies, or another non-food treat that they would like.
- Participate in Operation Gratitude. a non-profit organization which sends care packages overseas to our troops. You can wrap up the candy with a note and send it off.
- Or you can participate in Operation Shoebox. They also send care packages to troops overseas and are in great need of candy for their Christmas care packages. The mailing address is: Operation Shoebox, 8360 E Highway 25, Belleview, FL 34420.
- Make your dentist happy and participate in the big Halloween Candy Buyback, in which dentists either buyback candy at $1 per pound and then send it off to our troops, or exchange candy for dental treats. Check halloweencandybuyback.com to find out more and find a participating dentist near you!
- Finally, the most creative and one that goes straight to the scientist in all of us, candy experiments! Check out this website, candyexperiments.com for ideas, and then your imagination run with it!
Good luck and, Happy Halloween!
Leave a Comment