Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
Healthcare for the Whole Family
Pearl Natural Health in Portland, Oregon provides high quality comprehensive Chinese medicine and acupuncture care. Our acupuncturist work together with youto help treat and get to the root of your health concern. We develop an individualized plan to get your health back and keep you on the right track.
Most routine health problems of the young and old alike can be well managed using safe, non-toxic medicines and making lifestyle adjustments.
At each stage of life health challenges differ.
- Children and teens suffer from many acute illnesses, such as upper respiratory ailments, ear infections, asthma, digestive disturbance, stress and allergies. We work with you to create an effective program to your child be healthier.
- As adults we tend to suffer more from issues of aging such as back pain, arthritis, insomnia, depression, fatigue, menopause, stress, and hypertension. We offer you comprehensive evaluation, a unique treatment program with effective therapies especially designed for you to reduce your symptoms, improve your health and vitality and reverse the trends of aging.
- Our senior patients come in with complaints related to osteoporosis, arthritis, cardiovascular difficulties, and memory impairments can be helped greatly. Acupuncture, and Chinese medicine treatment offers restorative treatment.
- Pain management and relief is a huge part of what we do. Combined acupuncture, gua sha, cupping and threapeutic infra red therapy can render pain medication unnecessary.
Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Treatments
We believe in the healing power of nature and intrinsic vitality each person is born with. Click on the links below to learn more:
- Acupuncture, Cupping Therapy, Gua Sha, Therapeutic Exercise
- Nutritional Therapy including guidance in the application of Chinese Nutritional Therapy to improve health
- Chinese medicine (acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine)
Acupuncture is one of the oldest healing traditions in the world and is utilized beneficially in the treatment of many health concerns and in the promotion of health and well being. The Chinese have long studied the movement of vital force (qi) through the body and have developed a system of medicine that reduces symptoms while addressing root causes.
The flow of qi throughout the body can be interrupted when there is pain, stress and emotional duress. It can become obstructed and weak causing mild to severe symptoms. Acupuncture has been a subject of study by conventional medical researchers as well as the National Institute of Health presenting as a legitimate and beneficial treatment in various types of conditions.
Acupuncture treatment is utilized as part of a comprehensive program to reduce and eliminate symptoms while improving your health. The road to health begins with a comprehensive intake, review of your health concerns and goals, and acupuncture treatment. Further development of an individualized plan can include diet, herbs and exercise.
Acupuncture has been found effective in a variety of pain disorders and health issues such as – back, neck and knee pain, painful cramps during menses, headaches (migraine and tension), digestive disorders, hot flashes, insomnia, anxiety, depression, and fatigue.
The insertion of fine sterile needles along acupuncture meridians support the easy flow of vitality that circulates within the body. The treatment is relaxing and revitalizing.
Functional Medicine Testing:
- SIBO Testing (Lactolose Breath Testing, in house!)
Pearl Natural Health offers a comprehensive selection of the highest quality
- Western and Chinese herbs
- Nutritional supplements
Coordination with Other Health Professionals
- We collaborate with our colleagues in all specialties.
- The best care is coordinated care. We work with your conventional physician and consult with other specialists (gastro-enterologists, oncologists, neurologists, psychologists, social worker, D.C., P.T., etc.) to provide the most comprehensive plan.
- Our referral network of qualified health professionals is available so that you can be directed to a specialist if there are specific needs we cannot meet
- All phone calls are returned within 24 hours.
- Questions often arise after treatment has begun, and we are happy to clarify your treatment protocol.
- Follow up on care is crucial to restoring your health. If you have health concerns or questions that arise that require additional consultation beyond your current protocol, or if it has been six weeks or more since your last visit, we suggest your schedule a follow-up appointment.